If you’ve ever looked for a dentist near your home, you’ve most likely found out it’s not as simple as finding a local pizzeria that delivers. Besides convenience, there are many things to look for when choosing a new oral health care provider. aldergrove dentist
Even before you open the telephone directory or pick up the phone, you’ve got to know exactly what to look for and what questions to ask because trust is so important. After all, this is a person who will probe around your mouth and the mouths of your family. Here’s a list of eight ways to do just that:
1. Location. As the old real estate saying goes, “location is everything” and it’s true in locating a dentist near your home or office as well. Nowadays, people live such busy lives. Having all of your medical offices you visit near your home, office or even your kids’ school is a huge bonus and can cut down on travel and wait time.
2. Schedule convenience. Again, people are busy. Many healthcare providers are becoming more aware they need to increase their office hours and offer after-hour appointments as well as weekend time slots.
3. Reputation. A person’s reputation follows them everywhere, all the time. It’s crucial, when searching for a dentist near you, that you check his or her reputation by asking for referrals from his clients. It should be a red flag if he or she won’t provide you with referrals.
4. Office appearance. When initially visiting, don’t be afraid of checking around for cleanliness and orderliness. Is the staff friendly and helpful? Do they seem as if they enjoy working there? All of these things will help you determine if this is the right oral health care provider for you.
5. Payments. If you don’t qualify for dental insurance, always be sure to ask to see dental fee information, if it’s not provided, to avoid surprise.
6. Pediatric care. If you have children, it will be vital that you ask if this particular oral health care provider also performs pediatric treatments.
7. Emergencies. Accidents happen and often frequently they happen during evenings or weekends. Find out if a dentist near you offers emergency service. If you have children, this will be of utmost importance.